The following summer programs are being offered by the school board; there is no cost to any of these and they will be a great help to any and all students that sign up. Spots are limited, register As soon as possible!
Headstart is a two day, Gr. 8 orientation program that offers students a sneak peek into the academic, physical and social realm of high school! The program is still offered in-person with a reduced schedule, with COVID-19 cleaning protocols in effect. Headstart is offered Wednesday and Thursday, August 26/27 OR Monday and Tuesday, Aug 31/Sept 1.
- Open your lock / find your locker
- Follow your timetable, find your classes and meet your new peers who will join you – ahead of time
- Navigate around other parts of the school and how to access people resources
- How to physical distance in a school setting
- What does in-class, online and remote learning look like in a high school setting
- Feel a part of a new school community before the first day of school
Please visit the link below for further information and registration. Students do not need to re-register if they have done so already. Registration closes June 19th
NOTE: If the Ministry of Education, Waterloo Catholic District School Board and local Public Health authorities do not deem it safe to host this program, HeadStart could be cancelled with little notice.
Is your child currently in Grade 6, 7 or 8…. going into Grade 7, 8 or 9 this September? Does your child need help with reading, writing, math and technology skills? Are there gaps in their learning due to Covid-19 school closures? Are they losing interest in school because they just aren’t doing as well as they used to?
Explore a free, 10-day learning journey to further develop their literacy and numeracy skills:
- Writer’s Craft
- Minecraft for Education
- Google classroom
Summer Expedition 2020 won’t be as interactive as it would be in-person, however the learning will be fun and engaging and educational. Something NEW Every Day! SUMMER EXPEDITION will start on Monday, July 6, 2020. Please visit the link below for further information and registration. Students do not need to re-register if they have done so already. Registration closes June 19th. Below is a link to all WCDSB summer programs
Summer Boost Program
June 29 – July 20, 2020
Free Literacy and Numeracy Programs offered to all students currently in SK to Grade 8!
In July, the WCDSB is offering 15 mornings of FREE literacy and numeracy online learning support for students currently in SK to Grade 8 through the Summer Boost program. So, if you are interested in making new friends online, honing your literacy and numeracy skills through fun and engaging stories, games, activities and weekly STEM challenges then Summer Boost is for YOU!
- Timelines: June 29 – July 20 (inclusive, excluding July 1st)
- 9:00 – 11:00 am Monday to Friday (15 days)
- Online Resources
- Google Classroom
- Lexia, Knowledgehook, Coding, MathUp
- Math & STEM Learn@Home kits
- Cost: FREE
Student Acceptance: Based on school site, learning profile and time of registration. Maximum of 15 students per class
- Contact: email@example.com
- Registration – REGISTER ONLINE SOON –- Register Early!
- Have a variety of opportunities for hands on virtual learning;
- Will be challenged to engaged in regular physical activity;
- Engaged in fun literacy/numeracy activities at home virtually;
- Receive an integrated arts education as cooperative activities will be designed each week to promote creative and thinking and expression through music, drama and visual arts;
- Make new online friends and develop a belief in themselves as learners through the power of perseverance.
- Weekly STEM challenges;