General Description of Duties:
Ensure the safety and security of students during the lunch period at elementary Schools.
- 18 years of age or over.
- Canadian citizen with Social Insurance Number or valid work permit to be eligible to work in Canada.
- Maintain walking or standing for a period of one hour (continuously) outside (appropriate attire dependent on weather conditions).
- Experience working with children.
- Willingness to assume a wide variety of duties.
- Ability to communicate in a sensitive, courteous manner with students, parents, staff and the general public.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification (not mandatory).
Rate of Pay: $21.22- Level 1 of CUPE Salary Grid
Hours of Work: The scheduled working hour is 1 hour between 12:00pm to 1:00pm (according to school needs)
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume and covering letter directly to Mr. Gladding or Mrs. MacDonald in the main office at St. John’s.