Good Afternoon Parents,
Our support staff is doing everything they can to help and support the teachers and students. This evening I present the first installment of our Tools For Life series, the CYCW staff at the school will be posting this learning for your children each week. These are great life skills that will equip your child for current and future success.
Have a good weekend,
Week 1 – Tools for Life- Active Listening
Dear St. John’s Parents/ Guardians:
This week, your child learned about being an active listener.
The complete slide show is here.
Please take this opportunity to discuss what your child learned through the following questions.
We are sure you will be impressed with how much information your child can share.
- What is a listening body?
- Why is it important to be a good listener?
- What should you be thinking about when someone is speaking to you?
- How does it make you feel when someone really listens to you?
- What is square breathing?
We hope that you will encourage your child to use a listening body at home, as well as at school.
Mr. Shanahan & Ms. Murphy
Child & Youth Care Workers – St. John’s